Saturday, November 8, 2008

Juice on the weekend




This is something I haven't blogged about yet, even though it's probably my favorite thing in Mexico City so far: the fresh fruit juices all year round. They are sold on the street like everything else, at stands which specialize on juices only. There is a great place right around our corner that Julie told us about so we tried it for the first time about 3 weeks ago...and since then we have to have one every single day! It stared with the "Antigripa" when I was sick (still one of my favorites), which contains guava (super high in Vitamin C), pineapple, orange juice, lemon and honey, but since then we branched out in all different directions: mamey and milk(special fruit here, James' favorite cause it tastes like pumpkin pie by itself), grapefruit, strawberries, banana, the "Vampiro" which is red because of the beets, and the "Verde" which is green because it contains mainly celery and parsley...I won't go into further details, you really have to be here and try it. Oh, and the most expensive mix costs 13 pesos (1dollar)! Sometimes I feel guilty for drinking it every day, but then I cannot resists and console myself saying: "What the heck! I won't ever have anything like that once we leave Mexico..."
Here are some pictures with fruits (mamey and guava) and the Pan de Muerto from last week since I didn't post a pictures of it then.
PS: Tomorrow we are going to Xochimilco, very exiting! Will blog about it later.

No comments: